This year’s OutStanding LGBTQIA+ Story Competition (750 words or less) has closed.
1. Stories must be your own work, and not previously published or read out in public.
2. All stories should have relevance to the broader Australian or New Zealand LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer +) community.
3. All stories must relate to the theme in some way.
4. Stories must be 750 words or less. Your word count will show up in the submission process, your story title is not included in the word count.
5. The deadline is 11.59pm (AEDT) on Wednesday 1 September, 2021. Late entries will not be accepted.
6. You will be asked to provide your full name, email address, postal address, age group and contact phone number in your submission.
7. You must be at least 16 years of age to enter.
8. Your name must not appear anywhere in your story – our judges read all stories in blissful ignorance of the writer’s identity.
9. If you submit a winning story to the competition you are giving us permission to publish. Publication could include on the website, in a podcast, in an E-Book, or gay press. Otherwise copyright remains with the author.
10. You may submit multiple entries.
11. We are not able to accept entries from partners or relatives of the OutStanding committee or judging panel.
12. We accept stories from writers based in Australia and New Zealand, and/or citizens of Australia or New Zealand.
13. Winning stories will be published on our Facebook page.
14. Unfortunately we cannot enter into any discussion with you about your story, or provide individual feedback.